Hunch Back Posture refers to the "hunchback of Notre Dame" or the "egor" type person, if you will. That being said, we are talking about looks, not personality or anything else. This, of course is the extreme case, literally bent forward, with a hump on the back, one shoulder higher than the other...
...But what if you have bad posture, and you are starting to feel like the upper-back is "humping" up? This can be referred to as hunchback posture. Throw a spinal curvature in the mix (scoliosis) and that makes things hump upward too.
How Does A Hunch Back Posture Develop in the back?
In most cases we are talking about here, activities that promote forward head posture can eventually lead to the upperback moving upward - "HunchBack".
If the head drift forward the upperback follows that path as well. Our spines are built in such a way for maximum strength and so to with stand the forces of gravity pushing downward. Things like always texting with your head down, numerous hours on the computer, or continual stressful driving forces the head forward.
Chances Are You Know Someone with this Posture...
Now you have a name for it.
Do You Know Someone with this Posture?
5 Products I can Recommend to Help Avoid the Hunchback Posture From Developing: Also Reasons Why these specific products will help you.
- Hot and Cold Pack 9x16 - This is for when you are experience neck pain and upper back pain. Keep it in the freezer.
- Arc4life Traction Pillow - A Support Pillow For Better Sleep. This pillow will allow your neck to have proper curvature.
- Posture Pump 1000 - Stretch Your Neck.
- Posture Pulley Neck Exerciser - For decreasing the forward head posture- this posture pulley will help it with resistance added.
- Posture Corrector - For Better Posture. Period.
This will help you sit up better and stand better.
How to Fix this Posture?
The hunchback posture is more common then you think. Here are a few things sthat hould be done to fix this posture:
1) Just being aware of it and the things that may worsen it is the first step. When you are cognisant of it you can straighten you posture or change body positions.
2) Exercises. A very common exercise I give to someone with forward head carriage are called "head retraction exercises". To perform, you want to pretend your head is on an imaginary track going anterior to posterior. Now slide that head back on that track being careful not to flex or extend but glide the head backward.
3) Neck Traction. This is extremely important because after having forward head for a while, ligament and muscles will shorten, not allowing the head to comfortable stay in the normal position.
Is this A Common Posture?
Today, this is one of most common postural misalignment we see. Why? All of the things we do that can lead to forward head posture can eventually lead to the hunch back posture. Especially now with smart phones, more time spent on computers or laptops, sometimes reading with our heads down... We are in the information age, we can take in more info, etc. but we have to be aware of our posture.
- Posture Products that Will Help you get better alignment everyday
- Choose the best pillow for better posture while you are sleeping at night
- What is the Hump on the Back on my Back?
- Horrible Pain in the Upper Back
- What to do for a Stiff Neck