Drinking hot water is actually an ancient chinese tradition. The benefits are too many to list.
- It increases blood circulation, heating your body up from within
- It has a calming effect on your system
- It breaks down fat cells in your body, thereby essentially helping to keep lose weight
- It calms down the digestive system. It can help with indigestion
My mother was just visiting for the last week; she doesn't drink any cool water from the faucet or fridge dispenser. She heats her water on the stove top every morning. She gave it to us as well. She adds different things to it every morning: lemon, ginger, cloves, cardamom, even rose petals ! I have drank room temperature water for some time, but I admit, sometimes I run out of it and get it right from the filter. Only problem is that it's cold. Your body doesn't really like it when it's cold like that...
Try drinking some hot water and add something to it as well. You might be surprised at the health benefits you see.
*** One piece of advice. If you do drink warm water with lemon in it, be careful of erosin of tooth enamel. Your teeth can start looking translucent. This can be an issue because lemons can be very acidic. This can lead to hot and cold sensitivity in the teeth. The way to prevent this to to drink water right after your lemon drink. You can also drink through a straw, and bypass your teeth. Finally, dilute your lemon water as well to minimize enamel erosin.
Additional Reading Resources:
- Natural Pain Relievers
- Hot and Cold Therapy for pain relief
- The Neck Pain Support Blog on Facebook
- Choosing the Right Pillow for Pain Relief
- Prevent Enamel Erosin when drinking lemon water - a Dentist's perspective