Check out the guy below. You see these weird postures - they can cause pain over time if not fixed. Sway Back Posture, Lumbar Lordosis, Thoracic Kyphosis, and Forward head posture. All very common.
Posture is something that chiropractors check regularly to see what needs to be adjusted in your spine. They will compare certain points on your body:
They will look at a patient from the front:
- check if your ears aligned (to see if there is a head tilt)
- check shoulder levels
- check to see if frenulum (area under nose) lines up to between eyes
- check hips to see if they are even and level
- check if your feet turn inward or outward
- check upper torso in relation to the hips - that way they can tell if there is a thoracic or lumbar shift
- Ankle Malleoli are also checked to see if middle lines up with leg "V"
From the side:
- Midline shoulder should line up with posterior earlobe
- hips should line up with shoulders
- ankles should line up with hips
Everything is checked in relation to one another to see what area of spine needs to be aligned. Also don't forget to consider alignment off because tolled shoulder or a crooked nose etc... Overtime, bad postures start showing up as PAIN and perhaps a changed gait [way that you walk or carry yourself]. This is a very gradual thing, but it will eventually show up if you don't do something about it.
Visit a Chiropractor if you are in chronic pain. A Well aligned spine can help you get out of pain faster. Not only will the chiropractor get you adjusted, but they will give you postural exercises that you can do at home. For example if you have forward head posture, they may give you head retraction exercises.